Comprehensive cardiovascular care
Heart disease is the leading cause of death and a major cause of disability in the United States. At Carlisle Regional Medical Center, we provide comprehensive, technologically advanced heart care delivered by knowledgeable, experienced cardiac professionals, from diagnosis and emergency intervention to the latest treatments, preventive education and rehabilitation.
Did you know?
85% of heart damage occurs within the first two hours of a heart attack. EHAC is knowing the subtle danger signs of a heart attack and acting upon them immediately - BEFORE heart damage occurs. Learn more about Early Heart Attack Care »
The Carlisle Regional Medical Center Heart Station performs cardiology testing such as:
- EKG or electrocardiography to secure a record of the heart's electrical activity.
- Treadmill stress test to assist in differential diagnosis of chest pain during exercise.
- Thallium stress test to evaluate heart muscle blood flow during rest and exercise.
- Dipyridmole thallium testing to rule out arteriosclerotic heart disease.
- EEG or electroencephalogram to record brain wave activity.
The Carlisle Regional Heart Station also provides a pacemaker clinic, which allows physicians to check the function of heart pacemakers, either in the Medical Center or over the telephone.